[Zope] Mysterious Database Error

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Wed May 12 10:32:30 EDT 2004

Hello, I am trying to add a record to a MySQL database using a Z SQL
method. The Z SQL method works fine and I have tested it by itself. Also,
when called from a DTML method the Z SQL method adds the record to the
database but Zope returns the following error:

Site Error

_mysql_exceptions.NotSupportedError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 163, in publish_module_standard
*	Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line
45, in new_publish
*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 108, in publish
*	Module Zope.App.startup, line 226, in abort
*	Module ZODB.Transaction, line 134, in abort
*	Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM, line 63, in abort
*	Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 328, in _abort

NotSupportedError: (1196, "Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables
couldn't be rolled back")

I have checked the Zope error log but this error is not logged. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Asad