[Zope] Change the class of a Zope object

Maric MICHAUD maric at aristote.info
Thu May 13 06:28:13 EDT 2004

For me it's a problem with ExtensionClasses and, to me, there is no way
to make it work.

In [11]: from ExtensionClass import Base
In [12]: class r(Base) : pass
    ....:
In [13]: class e : pass
    ....:
In [14]: d.__class__
Out[14]: <extension class __main__.r at 82b9cf0>
In [15]: d.__class__ = e
In [16]: d.__class__
Out[16]: <extension class __main__.r at 82b9cf0>
In [17]: class e(Base) : pass
    ....:
In [18]: d.__class__ = e
In [19]: d.__class__
Out[19]: <extension class __main__.r at 82b9cf0>

I will use the good pattern if it's a piece of your conception to work
with 'objects that mutate to other objects', but what do you really need
(i.e. it is not the good way to upgrade products, see the ZDG - Chapter
3: Zope Products - Evolving Products) ?