Leaking HTTP requests (was: RE: [Zope] Leaking Acquisition.Im plic itAcquirerWrapper)

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu May 13 16:48:54 EDT 2004

Unfortunately, I can't easily get rid of Localizer.

I use TranslationService + Localizer on the entire site for all of my skins
and so on ...

I've managed to leak a few HTTP Requests on my test box, but I still have no
idea how/why.

I simply hit the homepage of my site repeatedly using JMeter, and got a few
new references that are sticking around.  They don't all stick around
though, and it doesn't seem to necessarily be only the first time I hit a
page that the refcount goes up, and I can't detect any pattern to it ...

When I test manually, some lost references appear, and then they stop
appearing, and then sometime later a couple more appear, and so on.  My
events log has nothing in it, neither does the error_log.

I have in the past seen a few entries in my events log file such as:

"Localizer The thread number 5126 don't has a request object associated."

But again, there's very few of those compared to the amount of leakage
occuring.

Alright, I guess I'll go look in the Localizer code see if I notice anything
and otherwise keep at it ... I REALLY hate having to go the "restart every
night" route ...

J.F.