Leaking HTTP requests (was: RE: [Zope] LeakingAcquisition.Imp licitAcquirerWrapper)

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri May 14 09:35:55 EDT 2004

Brian,

Thanks for this, I'll give a try today ...

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Lloyd [mailto:brian at zope.com]
Sent: May 13, 2004 5:41 PM
To: Stefan H. Holek
Cc: Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca; zope at zope.org
Subject: RE: Leaking HTTP requests (was: RE: [Zope]
LeakingAcquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper)

Zope.org doesn't use Localizer (or Archetypes - another thing
that has come up in this thread).

In our experience, this sort of thing has almost always turned
out to be a wrapped object ending up in the REQUEST or a wrapped
object holding onto a request for some reason.

I've attached a quick product you can drop in to test that
theory on your own instance (just make a directory
Products/LeakBGone and drop this __init__.py into it and
restart).

If it fixes the leak, we can extend it to do some logging and
try to figure out the root cause. I'll try it out on zope.org
as soon as I'm able.

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com