[Zope] pass zope form variables to a htaccess file

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue May 18 16:30:38 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 02:32:34PM -0500, Laura McCord wrote:
> I need to pass variables from the extfile form. I created a username
> field and I need to pass that field value to a .htaccess file in the
> /var/www/html/ path
>
> Is that possible?

Maybe it is, if you treat the .htaccess as its own ExtFile.

> Also, maybe someone can point me to the right direction on this one.
> When I create an ExtFile and the directory paths are created how can I
> automatically create a .htaccess in that directory?

I'd have your extfile creation form submit to a script that
adds two ExtFiles, one for the "main" file and one for the .htaccess.

but then, you probably don't want the .htaccess to be visible
in zope as a normal ExtFile... I don't know what you can do about
that.  Maybe create a new Product that subclasses ExtFile
and manages the .htaccess files behind the scenes.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com