[Zope] zope performance issues

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Wed May 19 06:30:19 EDT 2004

Trevor,

That's not how it works. If you think in terms of Apache processes ==
Zope threads, you are wrong :). In fact, the recommended number of
threads depends highly on your application. If you have a
(well-dimensioned and busy) SQL backend, using more that 4 (the
default) worker threads *may* increase performance. If your app is CPU
bound, *reducing* the number of worker threads may give you better
results.

At the end of the day it is multi-processing (not multi-threading) that
makes Zope fly (*coughs*).

Stefan

--
The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/