[Zope] Zope, SOAP, and WSDL

Rob Boyd boydrobh at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 15:55:44 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm looking for tips from anyone who is using Zope  to
publish web services. I have made the modifications so
that Zope can publish SOAP responses, using SOAPpy.
Then, using SOAPpy and ZSI clients, I can call the
service (which is merely a Python script sending back
a list, but sent back in a SOAP envelope by SOAPpy).
This is without using WSDL.

When trying with WSDL, it fails. I created a file in
my site containing the WSDL definitions of my
available service. Then, (outside of Zope), when I
create my proxy with the client, I can get the name of
the service method back. But when I make a request to
the service, it just hangs (I'm using a Python
interactive session to test - and it never returns to
a prompt).

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks,
Rob