[Zope] How can a folder vanish?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu May 20 11:00:28 EDT 2004

Rupert Redington wrote:

> On Tuesday night at around 5.30 BST a folder (of type 'Plone Folder')
> vanished from within a plone instance on my zope server. None of the
> users with sufficient privilege to do this will own up... Nothing
> unusual so far, right?

Click the undo tab of the root of your Zope instance. Look for actions which may
have deleted a folder...

> Looking through the access logs I can see successful requests for the
> folder and its contents up to a certain point, then a couple of minutes
> later we start serving errors instead.

Was the ZODB packed around this time?

> The aspect of this which is spooking me is that I can find no reference
> to any relevant folder deletion - or indeed any activity in that area of
> the site at all - in the undo information (btw - is there any way of
> searching undo records other than by hand through the tabs in the ZMI?)

Sadly not :-S

> Zope Version  (Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86),

That would suffer from pack bugs. It also has security vulnerabilities, you
realyl should upgrade...

> I have tried removing/regenerating the Data.fs.index
> I have tried packing the database (on a backup copy of the Data.fs) - (I
>  read somewhere this might help with a POSkey error?)

Do you HAVE a POSKeyError?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk