[Zope] zope performance issues

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu May 20 04:56:04 EDT 2004

Trevor Warren wrote at 2004-5-19 19:43 -0700:
> Which of the following would help me get zope to
>scale better on a single box:
>
>> ZEO with multiple client instances
>> apache+Zope

If you have a single CPU system, ZEO will slow things down...

Apache, too, will slow things down (although I would recommend
to use it in production for other reasons and therefore include
it in the benchmark) -- unless you use it to serve static content
or provide caching.

ZEO will only speed things up when more CPUs are involved.
You will then also want to have a LoadBalancer (e.g. "pound")
to send requests to the different Zope processes.

--
Dieter