[Zope] zope performance issues and it just doesn't scale

Jake jake at zopezone.com
Fri May 21 10:33:45 EDT 2004

Just to throw into the debate:

AMD 2.13 Ghz, 1.5 GB Ram, 2 x 36 GB SCSI (Raid 1)

- Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 2.1
- Python 2.3.3, Zope 2.7, Apache 2 Proxy Pass to Zope VHM
- Also runs mail, webmail, other apache sites, daily stats, etc

All the Zope sites combined run at about 100,000 hits a day (give or take
on an average day). Since I have a lot of RAM (Zope/Python love RAM) I
have it up to 40,000 objects per thread and about 10 threads active. It
runs at about 45% of RAM with 230,000 objects loaded out of 110,000+
objects in ZODB with Zope being up (no restart) for 33 days.

So all, of that combined, the server on a daily average (using sa command)
at about 3 to 5% of capacity.

Now, I have some RAM caches, etc but there are also some Zope apps that
both read/write to the ZODB a lot (AdManager) and some that take some
horsepower (ZUBB).

Jake

--
http://www.ZopeZone.com