[Zope] How can a folder vanish?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri May 21 03:52:27 EDT 2004

Rupert Redington wrote:

> Nope, the database had not been packed for some time before this event,
> I can see edits going on in the missing folder up untill a few hours
> before its dissappearance.

Very odd. Like Dieter said, I'd go hunting for a non-local cause. Have a look at
the entries just before you start getting errors for the object being missing.
See if one of those entries could have deleted the object as a side effect...

> Would the vunerabilities enable this particular outcome (the deletion of
> a folder without storing undo information)?

Nope, don't think so.

> Not as far as I know - but I'm not clear as to how I would find out...

You'd know if you had one ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk