[Zope] Zope 3X build errors on OS X

David Siedband david at calteg.org
Fri May 21 20:43:41 EDT 2004

I'm getting the following errors when I attempt to create a new Zope3
instance on OS X 10.3.3

luna:/usr/local/Zope3 zope3$ bin/mkzopeinstance -d /Users/zope3/Z3 -u
zope3:thePassword

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "bin/mkzopeinstance", line 37, in ?
     from zope.app.process.mkzopeinstance import main
   File "/usr/local/Zope3/lib/python/zope/app/__init__.py", line 18, in ?
     from _app import config, Application
   File "/usr/local/Zope3/lib/python/zope/app/_app.py", line 21, in ?
     from zope.publisher.publish import publish as _publish, debug_call
   File "/usr/local/Zope3/lib/python/zope/publisher/publish.py", line
21, in ?
     from zope.publisher.interfaces import Retry
   File
"/usr/local/Zope3/lib/python/zope/publisher/interfaces/__init__.py",
line 23, in ?
     from zope.component.interfaces import IPresentationRequest
   File "/usr/local/Zope3/lib/python/zope/component/__init__.py", line
38, in ?
     getServiceManager = hookable(getServiceManager)
SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

same results as root and as the user I'm going to run the Zope process
with.

Suggestions?

TIA
--