[Zope] Zope, Plone and CA

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue May 25 13:08:44 EDT 2004

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

>> Anybody have any idea what is going on here?
>
> Doesn't the article tell you what is going on there..?

Yeah, with a sadly, but unsuprisingly, CA-slant of "big corporate helps poor
struggling open source by putting RDB(woo!) into it"

Anyone would think that Zope didn't have any RDB support before they came along,
sheesh ;-) And I don't like the "open source, flat-file database, ZODB" comment.

APE is PART of the ZODB, so they're not replacing it as they imply.

So, CA open source a databsae that's loosing market share (Ingres - can anyone
say m o z i l l a, although there's already SAPDB, MySQL and PostGres) and chuck
a few thousand dollars to get a ZIngresDA and an APE schema for it to make it
look like they have an open source story to compete with IBM's?

Or am I just beign too cynical here? ;-)

Chris - my poor de-muppeting stick is gonna be worn out before I even get to EPC

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk