[Zope] finding my root

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu May 27 01:56:29 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 06:44:20AM +0300, Aaron wrote:
> > What's the full exception type, value and traceback you see?
> > 2004-05-25T07:07:43 PROBLEM(100) Init Ambiguous name for method of Products.Audio.Audio.Audio: "manage_main" != "manage"

A warning, not really an error; I've seen this plenty of times,
you can ignore it.

> ZCatalog query using 'end_usage' detected.
> Using query parameters ending with '_usage' is deprecated.
> Consider using record-style parameters instead (see
> lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/README.txt for details)
>   warn("\nZCatalog query using '%s' detected.\nUsing query parameters
> ending with '_usage' is deprecated.\nConsider using record-style
> parameters instead (see lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/README.txt for
> details)" % usage_param, DeprecationWarning)
> /zopehome/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/common/util.py:77:
> DeprecationWarning:
> ZCatalog query using 'start_usage' detected.
> Using query parameters ending with '_usage' is deprecated.
> Consider using record-style parameters instead (see
> lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/README.txt for details)
>   warn("\nZCatalog query using '%s' detected.\nUsing query parameters
> ending with '_usage' is deprecated.\nConsider using record-style
> parameters instead (see lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/README.txt for
> details)" % usage_param, DeprecationWarning)

That's all just deprecation warnings, safe to ignore.
None of these are your problem...

> When I click on the root folder in the manage interface I get the
> following:
> Site Error
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> Resource not found
>
> Sorry, the requested resource does not exist.
>
> Check the URL and try again.
>
> Resource: sequence-odd

This is unrelated to any of the above.
Sounds like you referred to sequence-odd somewhere other than
inside a <dtml-in> tag.  Or perhaps you used the "prefix"
attribute of dtml-in so sequence-odd is no longer the right name.
I'm just guessing without seeing the code.

You say you get this just by clicking on the root folder in the ZMI???
That's weird. What is the URL of that link?
Should be something like http://localhost:8080/manage

See if you can get to the error log:
http://your-zope-host:8080/error_log/manage_main
It should show a full traceback of this Site Error.

It may be that a broken Product is causing you problems.
That shouldn't affect the root of your ZMI, but it's not impossible.
Try temporarily moving all the contents of Products/ into a temporary
directory and restart.  If that fixes your broken ZMI problem, you
know it's a product bug. To find out which product, move the Product
subdirectories from your temp dir. back into Products
*one at a time*, restarting after each one, and see if one of
them triggers the error.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com