[Zope] Zope locks up

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu May 27 11:26:13 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:35:28AM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 10:32, Paul Winkler wrote:

> > > while 1:
> > >   pass
> >
> > That's not a request.
> >
> > Mornin', Chris. Had your coffee yet? ;-)
>
> Nope. ;-)  But good idea!
>
> My point just was that it's definitely possible for an developer to
> cause Zope to lock up, it doesn't try very hard to protect people from
> themselves (even if they don't realize they're "developing" anything).
> Reporting a request that hangs due to something like this to the
> collector would be sort of pointless.

OK, I see your point. If the request is to in-house code that
does something silly, sure, that's user error and not a zope bug.
Some of these are a bit obscure to the newbie (e.g. I had an
external method happily using urllib2, until a firewall change
caused that method to lock up my whole site. I hadn't thought
about the lack of a timeout.)

I understood the OP to be asking if there are known issues where
a fresh-out-of-the-box zope site can be brought down by a certain
request. These would go in the collector.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com