[Zope] reserved words?

Mark Barratt markb at textmatters.com
Mon May 31 14:02:54 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote:

> Mark Barratt wrote:
>
>> exec is a Python reserved word, I discover. Can I use it anyway
>> through some kind of escape notation in the expression, or do I have
>> to change the database and all the other scripts I've spent a happy
>> weekend writing?
>

> Change any use of python or Zope reserved words to something else, or
> much pain and suffering will be your happy reward.

OK, done that.

> How'd you know what they are?
>
> Well, urm... learn python for the python ones.

One day. And for the next idiot:

http://www-teaching.physics.ox.ac.uk/computing/Programming/Python/Oxford/html/node51.html

for python reserved words, and ... there aren't any extra for zope?

(conversations on the list archive keep leaving me tantalisingly-short
of an answer)

> For the Zope ones, use ZPT instead of DTML and you will find your
> fingernails claw away less of your flesh with frustration....

This is an update to a chunky site all made in dtml. I've started
getting my head round zpt but there don't seem to be any
learning/reference tools for it and the zope.org site is what you said
earlier.

Thanks

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement
phone +44 (0)118 986 8313  email markb at textmatters.com
web http://www.textmatters.com