[Zope] using flash as logo in plone?

John Menke john.menke at eagleinfosystems.com
Sun Nov 7 15:44:46 EST 2004

David, thanks for getting back to me

>I just tested this with uploading the dot-swf file into
>/portal_skins/custom/
>(you could also embed with an absolute URL.)

i selected add file and created a new file called portallogo it points to my
flash file

>Then I modified the /portal_skins/global_logo by pasting the embed code
>between these tags

i don't have a /portal_skins/global_logo in my portal_skins folder when
viewed from the Zope management console

><h1 id="portal-logo" metal:define-macro="portal_logo">
></h1>

>You can add filesystem directories by adding LocalFS objects in
>portal_skins and then adding those as layers in the properties tab of
>portal_skins.

I'm new so all the above still has me wondering what the actual URL value is
going to be...

In my flash tag there are 2 places for urls and in a file based system they
point to same url

src="http://mysite/myfolder/myswf.swf"

I'm still unclear as to the exact syntax to use for the value in src...

Thanks for answering I will post to Plone in the future.  Site has been down
off and on all weekend.

-jm