[Zope] Book recommendation

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Mon Nov 8 16:11:02 EST 2004

On Monday 08 November 2004 12:25 pm, Jonathan Cyr wrote:
> Although they're getting old... I found the Zope Bible and the Linux
> Journal Zope Book had helpful starter examples of Python Products.  I
> used them both and cross-referenced to get some understanding of what
> was going on under the covers.

If you need an actual physical book, I second the Zope Bible recommendation
for python products (the ZDG can be a little daunting).  If you are planning
a content oriented product, I'd look into CMF and Archetypes, the latter of
which makes powerful python content objects very straightforward (and can be
a blessing for a lot of not-obviously-contentish work as well).  For
Archetypes development documentation, the online resources are very useful
(especially Raphael Ritz's MySite tutorial
http://www.neuroinf.de/LabTools/MySite).

Alec Mitchell