[Zope] Finding things in Zope

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Nov 11 14:25:36 EST 2004

jlegris wrote at 2004-11-10 15:38 -0500:
>but I am finding
>acquisition to be downright counter-intuitive. The available
>documentation that I've read(Zope Book 2.6) seems only to scratch the
>surface.

Maybe

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

gives some further glues.

There is also a Powerpoint presentation
from Jim Fulton which thoroughly explains acquisition.

>I would like to perform the very basic task of determining what
>object a method is associated with.Could someone please point me to a
>helpful reference?

You access the method (say "m") and look at its "im_self":
"m.im_self" is the object that provided "m". In Java terms,
it is what "this" would refer to inside the method's body.

"im_self" (and friends) are documented in the
Python Library Reference.

--
Dieter