[Zope] Re: Problem installing Plone

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Thu Nov 11 15:18:38 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004, Tres Seaver wrote:
>John Poltorak wrote:
>>I've just tried installing Plone onto Zope v2.7.3 on Redhat and now Zope
>>refuses to start. I get:-
>>
>>ImportError: No module named CMFFormController.ValidationError
>>
>>Any suggestions as to what I should do?
>
>Find the 'CMFFormController' directory in your Plone tarball expansion
>and copy it into the 'Products' directory of your instance home.

That's not the problem.  The directory is there, but the permissions in the
plone distribution are wrong.  The following command run in the Products
directory should fix the problem.

	find CMFFormController | xargs chmod a+rx

I ran into this problem when building an OpenPKG package for plone.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be
properly armed.''
        -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188