[Zope] Copying site between Zope instances

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Nov 12 10:57:58 EST 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:33:47AM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
> If someone maintains a test and live version of a site in different Zope
> instances is there a recommended way of promoting changes from the test to
> the live version of a site?

Assuming you're talking about changes to objects that live in the ZODB,
we use ZSyncer for that.

But ZSyncer, handy as it is, is not a substitute for a revision control
system.  I prefer to use it only for things that are conceptually "content".
For code and templates, we are moving toward keeping everything on the
filesystem (using Products and Filesystem Directory Views), using a version
control system (we use CVS), and a defined procedure for deploying changes
from CVS to the "live" site.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com