[Zope] how to get more verbose logging

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sun Nov 14 14:55:14 EST 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 04:46:28AM +0100, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> On 10/11/2004 Paul Winkler wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 12:28:59AM +0100, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> > > i guess that you talk about features introduced in zope2.7, but zope2.6
> > > has no zope.conf and AFAIK not even a trace logger.
> >
> > It does. We used to call it the debug log, or the "big M" log.
> > You turn it on with the -M command line flag for z2.py.
>
> really? i thought that -M command line flag is for detailed log, which
> included quite more information than default Z2.log, but still not as
> much as event.log includes.

That is exactly what the trace log is.

The -M flag for zope 2.6 or lower turns on exactly the same log
that is enabled by the <logger trace> section of zope.conf in 2.7
or higher.  The format of this log is described in the docstring
of lib/python/ZServer/DebugLogger.py.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com