[Zope] Overly large zexp files sizes

zope at dylanjay.com zope at dylanjay.com
Sun Nov 14 21:17:03 EST 2004

Hi All,

I've recently started having some problems with exporting objects. I'm
finding that some objects seem to export the entire zodb along with them
when exported. It seems random which objects export normally and which end
up being the 150mb roughly corresponding to if the whole zodb had been
exported.
If I reimport it I get the object back as expected, no more no less. If I
create a new Plone site for instance it will export at 150mb too, but
selected older sites will export fine. Somehow something is hooking into
everything such that pickling is causing everything to be dragged in. Anyone
had this problem? Anyone with any debug ideas as I'm running out.

Dylan Jay
Web Builder
dylan at pretaweb.com
---
www.pretaweb.com - Reliable & responsive CMS website development
www.meetmemap.com - makes giving directions easy
www.eatmanifesto.com - Traditional Sustainable and Delectable
Y!: dylan_jay ~ ICQ:520341 ~ Ph:+61(0)423198306