[Zope] Re: Startup script for multiple Zope instances

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Mon Nov 15 08:56:22 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:
> How does anyone handle startup scripts for multiple Zope instances?
>
> Should they be started from a single script or should there be one script
> per instance?

I have always created separate scripts per instance, because I can often
want to start and stop them separately.  I can conceive of having a
single script, symlinked under multiple IDs into /etc/init.d.  It would
then introspect $0 to figure out which instance to run, and therefore
which configuration file to use.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com