[Zope] Python Packages and Zope windows binary install

Will Smith witisi at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 14:31:21 EST 2004

I need to run zope on windows.  The binary installs fine, but it creates
its own installation of python.  What is the best method to install
python packages to zope's python installation.

Currently, I have Zope-2.7.2 and python 2.3.3 installed.  I have been
using windows installers to install packages (dav, libxml2, mx,
python-mysql) into my dedicated python installation.  I tried hacking
around in the registry to get the installers to see Zopes python, but no
luck :(.  At this point I have been just copying the files from my
dedicated python/site-packages directory over to my
zope-python/site-packages directory.

So far this seems to work just fine, but then again, I have not put it
through many test.

Could someone please enlighten me.  Is this correct way of doing
this..Is this the preferred way of doing this...Is there a better way of
doing this.

BTW, I do not have a Windows C compiler, and from what I have seen
python recommends using Microsoft Visual Studio ( And I know my company
will not pay for that ).

Thanks.

Will Smith