[Zope] Problem with new 2.7.3 and adding Products

Anthu Nguyen Anthu.Nguyen at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 18 18:59:55 EST 2004

Hi all,

I've just installed 2.7.3 (notes below). But when I try to add a simple
Product (the "hello" example from the documentation), I am asked for a
login & password. My inituser login/password do not work, and I get this
error (with VerboseSecurity):
*
You are not authorized to access this resource.*

Username and password are not correct. (Also, an error occurred while
attempting to render the standard error message.)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, AnThu

===========Build notes================

Retrieve the following shareware
gzip
gtar
make (gnu)
gcc-3.4.1-sol8-sparc-local
libiconv-1.8-sol8-sparc-local

As root
# pkgadd -d gcc-3.4.1-sol8-sparc-local
# pkgadd -d libiconv-1.8-sol8-sparc-local

/export/home/Python-2.3.4

As zopeuser

./configure
Got this error
checking term.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: term.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: term.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: term.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf at gnu.org. ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
checking for term.h... yes

make

As root
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib

# make install

#################### Zope ###################

Become the zope user
gzip -d
gtar xvf
cd /export/home/Zope-2.7.3-0

zopeuser at nwsops35.sfbay% ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/Zope-2.7.3-0

zopeuser at nwsops35.sfbay% make

# The world has read/write on /usr/local on this system
# allowing the zope user to install in /usr/local
zopeuser at nwsops35.sfbay% make install
Zope binaries installed successfully.
Now run '/usr/local/Zope-2.7.3-0/bin/mkzopeinstance.py'
zopeuser at nwsops35.sfbay% /usr/local/Zope-2.7.3-0/bin/mkzopeinstance.py
Please choose a directory in which you'd like to install
Zope "instance home" files such as database files, configuration
files, etc.

Directory: /usr/local/Zope-2.7.3-0
Please choose a username and password for the initial user.
These will be the credentials you use to initially manage
your new Zope instance.

Username: zopeuser
Password: zope4u
Verify password: zope4u

Clean up the version.txt files
If you have trouble during the makes look for this issue.
I ran into a bug where ./lib/python/version.txt
was being corrupted. A -n was being put in the file.
It should look like this:
Zope 2.7.3-0
Not this:
-n Zope 2.7.3-0
Clean this up and the make should work.

Modify etc/zope.conf
effective-user zopeuser
http-server address to 80
<http-server>
  # valid keys are "address" and "force-connection-close"
  # address 8080
  address 80
  # force-connection-close on
</http-server>

####   Errors ########

# make
make: Fatal error in reader: makefile, line 78: Macro assignment on
dependency l
ine
Solution: you don't have GNY make in your path. copy it to
/usr/local/bin and make sure it is the first make in your path.

-------------

# which make
Picks up the wrong make even though /usr/local/bin/make is in
your path.
Solution: Make sure the executable bit is set on make (gtra, gzip)

-------------

zopeuser at nwsops35.sfbay% ./runzope
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/Zope-2.7.3-0/lib/python/App/version_txt.py", line 45,
in _pre
p_version_data
    dict = expr.match(s).groupdict()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groupdict'

This is caused by

zopeuser at nwsops35.sfbay% more ./lib/python/version.txt
-n Zope 2.7.3-0
which needs to be modified to be