[Zope] general API question

Rodrigo Senra rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Fri Oct 1 09:13:49 EDT 2004

 On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:28:27 -0400
 Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote
 about Re: [Zope] general API question:
 | On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 09:22:47PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 | (snip)
 | > I already argued with one of the first authors of the Zope Book
 | > and the online help content (Michael).
 | > I could not convince him. But the current state of affairs
 | > (outdated, incomplete, week online help) demonstrates that I was
 | > right...
 |
 | Well, there is one good reason for the BackTalk version of
 | the API reference - namely, the backtalk feature.

 Indeed.

 | Users sometimes have good questions that deserve to be addressed,
 | and as an occasional Zope Book editor, I've found BackTalk an
 | excellent way to gather these.
 | (As a Zope Book *reader*, I find them mostly annoyances...
 | don't know how to reconcile these two issues.)

 I suggest keeping the BackTalk version online, and periodically
 auto-generating a talkback-stripped version available for download.

 | > Personally, I would go this route and would not try to complete
 | > the API reference in the Zope Book.

 Perhaps, adding to the donwload bundle an epydoc-run over Zope srcs
 would be a plus.

 Why not keeping both versions on-line ?
 To foster people going through the 'commentable' one ;o)

 best regards,
 Senra