[ZPT] Re: [Zope] Should the ZPT list be retired?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:05:50 EDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 21:54:41 +0100, Fergal Daly <fergal at esatclear.ie> wrote:
> The only reason I can think of is that there are non-zope people on this
> list, Petal people for example, who are solely interested in ZPT. However
> there's very little zpt discussion going on here, presumably it's all on the
> zope list so it seems a a bit pointless keeping the list,

Actually, the presence of the non-Zope crowd is important.  However,
the only discussions there are these days are over details of
I18N/L10N and the constant fussing over <script> and <style> being
different from other elements (that people actually use).

If there were discussion of alternate implementations or design
decisions, or design for new versions of the specifications, I'd be
inclined to keep the list.  But there doesn't seem to be any of that.

Does anyone from outside the Zope crowd want to see this list
maintained?  If the list valuable, I'm happy to serve list admin if
one's needed.  But if no-one wants the list, its retirement is
attractive.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation