[Zope] Zope instance restarting itself

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Thu Oct 7 05:26:17 EDT 2004

Gitte Wange wrote:
> Tino Wildenhain wrote:

[SNIP]

>> well ;) Data.fs isnt truncated for no
>> reason. Check ulimit and check disk space.
>> See your system logs if there are any bad disks
>> or issues with memory (heavy apps regulary
>> getting sig bus or something)
>

> Diskspace is 3.3GB left - should be plenty for now ;)
> ulimit? I have never used it.
> Checking logs etc doens't give me a clue that anyting could be wrong.
> It's very weird since I have a lot of similar instances running on the
> same machine that runs perfectly.
>
> Oh well - I will try to start the instance on another machine to see if
> it's machine problems.

I have moved the recovered Data.fs to another machine (and another Zope)
trying to start the bastard under Zope-2.7 leaving me with this error
when I start Zope:

ZODB.POSException.ConflictError: database conflict error (oid
0000000000000013, serial was 034acb34875e1bcc, now 0000000000000000)

I'm not sure if it's a result of the recovery or if the Data.fs is just
broken. I have tried gooling for hints, not finding any similar problem.
Any ideas ?

Greetings,
Gitte Wange