[Zope] zope location

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 08:21:58 EDT 2004

Elim Qiu wrote:
> I'm new to zope and don't know where to install zope instance in windows 2000.
> "Program Files" has a space and some apps port from unix system don't like it.

Yeah, I keep mine, for example, in:
c:\zope\2.7.2
c:\zope\myInstance

> Some web apps must put inside of web document root like hodocs. Is this the
> case for zope instance?

Absolutely not, that's only needed if another web server is being used
to actually serve files off disk.

> Also, where to install zope CMF ?

Install Zope.
Setup a Zope instance (IIRC, the windows installer helps you do this)
Unpack the distribution of CMF anywhere you want.
Copy all the folders out of the unpacked distribution into the Products
folder of your Zope install.

cheers,

Chris

PS: Don't install Zope as a service, don't run Zope in a production
environment on Win32.

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk