[Zope] Errors while running the Thumbnails example code

Jo Meder jo at meder.de
Sun Oct 10 04:51:14 EDT 2004

Am 09.10.2004, 01:16 Uhr
	schryb Vlad Berditchevskiy <vlad at hashbang.de>:

> I looked into the PIL tutorial and found out that they use 'import
> Image' instead of 'import PIL'. I changed the import statement this way,
> and this error disappeared, however I got another error, which I cannot
> explain:
>
> ,----
> | Error Type: AttributeError
> | Error Value: StringIO instance has no attribute 'startswith'
> |
> | Traceback (innermost last):

[...]
> |     * Module Image, line 1556, in open
> |     * Module App.ImageFile, line 36, in __init__
> |     * Module posixpath, line 60, in join
> |
> | AttributeError: StringIO instance has no attribute 'startswith'
> `----

This typically happens when your import fetches the Zope Image Product
(lib/python/OFS/Image.py) instead of the PIL Image module.

Try "import PIL.Image as Image" instead.

	Jo.

--
internetmanufaktur jo----------------------------- Berlin, Germany
http://www.meder.de/ ------------------- fax: ++49-30-417 17 63 45