[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] serving BLOBs

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Mon Oct 11 13:13:04 EDT 2004

Alan Milligan wrote:

> Johan Carlsson wrote:
>

> | I've looked at the code of the latest release of ExternalFile
> | and I can't find the new streming interface being used at all?
> |

> There's some strange stuff in the ExternalFile::FileUtils::copy_file()
> function whereby it writes 65565 byte chunks via the Response object,
> ZServer::ZServerHTTPResponse.
>
> This guy automatically sets streaming for writes with content size less
> than  128K.
>
> I would have expected to the ZServerHTTPResponse's stdout attribute to
> automatically flush on write(), but maybe not!

Yes, I've actually missed that.
I suppose I was looking for a file_streaming implementation.
I think ExternalFile could benefit from implementing it.

I'm actually contemplating fixing it, although I'm not so pleased
with the user interface of ExternalFile and I would like to
limit the access to just a few directories on the file system
from the Zope Configuration preferably. I might rewrite the complete
product.

Regares,
Johan Carlsson

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM