[Zope] on dates

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Oct 11 13:15:34 EDT 2004

--On Montag, 11. Oktober 2004 19:04 Uhr +0200 massimop at users.berlios.de
wrote:

> I'm trying to format a Date retrieved from MySQL, but while I can print
> the date as it is I can't access any of the methods, so no strftime()
> and no day() etc
> I get a 'not allowed in this context' exception
> so:
> <i tal:content="python:item.data"></i>
> is ok but:
> <i tal:content="python:item.data.day"></i>
> causes Zope to ask for authentication

No idea about mysql-python but I assume that is returns date fields from
MySQL
as DateTime instance to Zope and to your application. So you should be able
use the DateTime API. If 'data' in your example above should be a DateTime
instance
that you are accessing member variable *instead* of *calling* a DateTime
*method*.

-aj