[Zope] preload/sync users from NIS ?

Gilles-Eric DESCAMPS gedescamps at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 11 17:15:08 EDT 2004

  Hi,

  I'm trying to deploy Zope-2.7.2/Plone-2.0.4 for an
intranet running on a clone of RedHat Enterprise Linux
3 u3.

  I searched but could not find any script that would
preload / synchronize the Zope/Plone users with the
NIS (/etc/passwd) users.

  I've tried exUserFolder, but could not get it to
work. Plus from the documentation, I understood that
it does not support creating all/some of the NIS users
by itself. (ie: a user has explicitely request
creation of a new account for the passwd sync to work)

  I'm looking to import all my 3000 NIS users
(login/passwd) into Zope. Is there such a script ?
Is there documentation on how to write one ?

  What do people that run an intranet (with an
enterprise database of login/passwd) use ?

  I'm looking for a solution where, to access the
intranet pages, a user just has to login using
his(her) usual login/passwd.

  Thanks for your help.

--
ged.