[Zope] object shortcuts

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Oct 11 20:00:14 EDT 2004

David Bear wrote:
> I was hoping to place some short cut object in the root of my zope
> site that point directly down into certain folder within the plone
> site. Silva has something called a shadow. I was wondering if there is
> something that can be used generally to create a 'rewrite' object.
>
> For example:
>
> if my zope plone site looks like this
>
> \
> \standardzopestuff
> \standardzopestuff\plonesite\members\ploneuser\coolstuff
>
> I would like to have a url like
>
> \coolstuff
>
> that maps straight into the ploneusers folder.
>
> I don't know what to call this.. in apache this would be a rewrite. Is
> there a zope product that does something like this?

MovableHole would seem to fit the bill. There are also Products called
Rewriter and Redirector, though I've never successfully used them.

There may also be a few others. If you want redirection rather than an
alias, you might use MovedObject.

One could also write a Python script to do such things.

   return plonesite.members.ploneuser.coolstuff

would act as that folder.

   request.RESPONSE.redirect('plonesite/members/ploneuser/coolstuff')

would do a redirect.

		--jcc