[Zope] Re: ZOPECTL in daemon mode

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:54:43 EDT 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:00:37 +0100, John Poltorak <jp at warpix.org> wrote:
> I guess what I want to know is how to specify the '-s' parameter to
> zdctl... I'm assuming that zopectl is the program that starts zdctl.

I think I see what you're getting at.  zdctl can be viewed as a
command-line script or as a Python module (zdaemon.zdctl); zopectl is
a command-line script that does the later.  zopectl extends the
classes in zdaemon.zdctl to provide it's own implementation.  The *ctl
script, when run in daemonizing mode, runs the zdrun script (also
found in the zdaemon package), which in turn runs the Zope server
process.  There is no process for zdctl separate from the zopectl
process in this case.

You should be able to use -s directly on the zopectl command line.
Did you have a problem invoking it that way?

  -Fred

Zope Corporation