[Zope] Memory Leak?

Edward Muller edwardam at interlix.com
Wed Oct 20 13:02:46 EDT 2004

We have a site that 'eats' memory. Within hours of a restart it consumes
600+ MB of RAM. It's a busy, but not hugely busy site.

It's running the following:
Python 2.3.3/Zope 2.7.0/Plone
It has installed (and uses) several products, including CMFPhoto,
CMFPhotoAlbum, CMFBoard and others.

Taking a look in the Control Panel and the Debug information I show a a
lot of the following type of Refcounts:
DateTime.DateTime.DateTime: 63436
Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper: 42944
BTreee.IIBTree.IIBTree: 11363
BTrees.IOBTree.IOBucket: 10169
Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SubPathExpr: 9391
Persistence.PersistentMapping: 6522
BTrees.OOBTree.OOBucket: 6322
(and others)

These numbers are only after 10 hours of use or so. And the top two
refcounts continue to grow by the hundreds and thousands.

Is there probably a memory leak somewhere?
If so how would I go about determining where it may be?

--
Edward Muller @ Interlix
Email: edwardam at interlix.com
Jabber IM: edwardam at jabber.interlix.com