[Zope] Need help regarding UnicodeEncodeError

Laura McCord Laura.McCord at doucet-austin.com
Wed Oct 20 15:42:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

 This seemed to just happen recently. I needed to open one of my folders
through the ZMI in order to set security setting, however, when I
clicked on the folder this message pooped up:

Error Type
UnicodeEncodeError
Error Value
'latin-1' codec can't encode character u'\u201c' in position 68948:
ordinal not in range(256)

Can someone assist me with this one? I found out that u'\u201c' stands
for a left single quote. So I am suspecting that somewhere in one of the
documents within this folder there is content that contains a single
quote. Is there anything that will resolve this?

Thanks,
 Laura