[Zope] Newbie question about Zope functions

bruno modulix bruno at modulix.org
Thu Oct 28 06:26:36 EDT 2004

Beverly wrote:
> We're trying to pick the right open-source platform to build an online
> community site.
>
> Needs are a bulletin board, a blogging capability,
> and a good
> permissioning system (users will be members of groups and some pages
> will be accessible to everyone, but some limited to members of one group
> or another).
> Would Zope be a good fit for this?  Any examples of Zope sites built
> with this functionality appreciated.

Any site using the CMF or CMF-based CMS (Plone, CPS...). zope.org is an
exemple...

> Thanks for any illumination.
>
> Beverly
>
> (I didn't see a bboard on the zope.org site itself, so maybe Zope's
> strong points are in content management, rather than these community
> functions?)

CPS has a nice, threaded bulletin board. AFAIK, Plone has one too.

Have a look at CPS, and you will find out by yourself that Zope is quite
a good base for community/collaborative portals.

My 2 cents,
Bruno

--
Bruno Desthuilliers - Analyste-programmeur
bruno at modulix.org
www.modulix.com