[Zope] Basic application

Eddy Ilg eddy at fericom.net
Fri Oct 29 14:30:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

I very often have following problem and wanted to ask here about the
best way to do it. Very many times I have a container folder (e.g.
caldendar) with objects inside (e.g. a schedule entry of a calendar).
The user can perform 4 basic actions on these objects:

1. Display them - this happens via index_html in the container folder
2. Create them - this happens via a dtml-document addEntry with a form
	The script then calls addAction
3. Modify them - this happens via a dtml-document modEntry
	The script then calls modAction
4. Delete them - this happens via a dtml-document delEntry

I ususally put all this functionality in a ZClass to use it at several
locations of a site.

What I find very inconvinient is that I always have to write the
addEntry and modEntry script. That is always two scripts that are very
simmilar.

I need ZClasses with functionality as above very often. Is there a
better way to do it?

Thanks

Eddy