[Zope] Weird things happen when Manager does not have View permission

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Wed Sep 1 10:29:31 EDT 2004

Damien Baty wrote:
>   I do think that it is not supposed to happen. But before digging a
> little deeper to try to find out where the error comes from, I wanted to
> be sure. Any clues?
>
>   I am running a clean install of Zope-2.7.2 and Python2.3.

Hi Damien,
I've reproduced your problem.

Changing the owner of /folder (and there by all the others) to viewer
lets viewer access title_or_id.

title_or_id is published with __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__
in SimpleItem:Item. It seems like the owner of an object with
"unprotected subobjects" needs to have View permission for the
"unprotected subobjects" to be accessable to the world.

Methods declared __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__ is very
similare to being declared public I guess?

Cheers,
Johan Carlsson