[Zope] zcatalog query sends zope spinning

nwingfield at dixon-hughes.com nwingfield at dixon-hughes.com
Thu Sep 2 14:41:50 EDT 2004

I have a ZCatalog containing some 400,000+ objects.  I recently rebuilt the
catalog due to corruption, so it should be in pristine condition.  Today I
issued a simple query (one condition) of the ZCatalog which should have
returned a very large number of objects.  My intention was to generate a
data export that I could then import into another system.  The query ran
for 2 hours, at which point I discovered that Zope was hung and completely
unresponsive.  I had to break out the 'kill -9' to get it to die.

Does anyone have any hints on getting large amounts of data out of the ZODB
using the ZCatalog (or otherwise)?  My efforts thus far have proven futile.

ID:[{20040902144153.711.468943402-12.6.18.86}]