[Zope] Zope, Excel, CookieCrumbler and MS Internet Explorer

Ausum Studio ausum_studio at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 07:13:08 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
To: "Ausum Studio" <ausum_studio at hotmail.com>
(...)

> I've had customer reports of similar wierdities with Excel spreadsheets,
> CookieCrumbler is also involved.
> What version of CookieCrumbler/Windows/Office/IE/Zope are you using?

Hi Chris, I'm using version 1.1.  After your post I realized there was a new
version, then I downloaded it and the problem still was there.
Nonetheless Shane has added a precious feature by which the cookie
authentication can be disabled on a per-request basis.
So as recommended, I ended up adding "?disable_cookie_login__=1" to every
URL meant to be opened as an Excel file, and that made it.

Obviously this means I'm using cookie authentication in my site,except for
those URLs which use basic. So I'm still looking for a rounded solution to
the problem.

Thanks for any hint you may share,

Ausum