SOLVED Re: [Zope] including arbitrary files in zope products

Raja Subramanian rsubr at pcomm.hfi.unimelb.edu.au
Sat Sep 4 08:12:43 EDT 2004

Hi,

Johan Carlsson wrote:
> >Johan Carlsson wrote at 2004-9-3 08:55 +0200:
> >>For Images you can use
> >>
> >>from Globals import ImageFile
> >>file=ImageFile('www/image.gif', globals())
> >
> >Despite its name, you can use "ImageFile" for arbitrary files and not
> >only for images.
>
> Provide it actually can guess the content_type.

I'm running zope 2.6.4, python 2.2.3 on debian sarge.

    file = ImageFile('www/applet.jar', globals())

produced the following http headers -

For PDF files, it produced "application/pdf" and for MS Word documents
it produces "application/msword".  ImageFile is pretty clever :-)

> I would subclass ImageFile and override the __init__ with an
> extra content_type argument. But that's me :-)

I found that on debian I can make ImageFile understand new content types
simply by modifying /etc/mime.types.

Thanks to everyone for helping.

- Raja