[Zope] Re: Moving from Linux to FreeBSD - problems with old Zope instances

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Sun Sep 5 18:31:15 EDT 2004

Hi Gitte,

I had the same problems (core dumps) on my zettai.net account, which is
using FreeBSD. As you have suspected, it's a problem with the thread size on
BSD.

> I'm about to migrate a server from Linux (Mandrake 9.2) to FreeBSD-5.2.1.
> I have moved my Zope-2.7 instances without a problem.
> Now ... my 2.6.1 instances are not migrated very well. Some of them runs
> like a charm. Others core dumps when you access the sites for the first
> time.
> The same goes for one of my two 2.5 instances. It just crashes when the
> site is accessed for the first time.
>
> Now I suspect python to be the problem here. With Zope-2.7 you needed to
> compile python with bigger thread size on BSD in order for it to work.
> Do I need to compile python with anything special to make them work with
> older Zope instances (I'm using python 2.1.3 for this).

For Python 2.1.3, follow these instructions:
http://zettai.net/Members/george/python213FreeBSDPlone.blog/view

For Python 2.3.3, follow these instructions:
http://www.zettai.net/Howto/Zope27Python23Install/view

Nate

Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com
Plone4Artists - http://plone4artists.org
"Build your own artist community website!"