[Zope] Is it possible to use a ZClass as a base for a Python Class?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Sep 11 15:13:15 EDT 2004

Bill Hewitt wrote at 2004-9-10 19:36 -0700:
>I have a lot of ZSQL Methods stored in a ZClass and I am wondering if it
>is possible to somehow import this ZClass and use its methods in a
>Python Class... I've seen lots about using a Python Class as the Base
>for a ZClass, but nothing for the other way around....

It may be possible -- but if it is, it will be quite difficult:

  "ZClasses" live in the ZODB.

  Many Python modules are imported before a ZODB connection
  is opened. This makes it difficult for them to access the ZODB.

If you can delay the creation of your Python class until
you can access the ZODB, it may be possible.

See "Zope.App.ClassFactory.ClassFactory" how to access
a ZClass provided you have a ZODB connection.

--
Dieter