[Zope] Re: Zope app for hotel bookings

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 06:05:44 EDT 2004

Robert Segall wrote:
> On Thursday 16 September 2004 22.37, John Poltorak wrote:
>
>>Is anyone aware of a Zope app for hotel bookings?
>

> Not Zope and not hotel, but still...
>
> Have a look at http://www.apsis.ch/bar/index.html for an open-source
> reservations system written in Python. Making it into a Zope product would be
> feasible (though not trivial).
I was looking also for a reservation system (I want to migrate my own
from ZClasses to Python) and found that one that you suggested. If you
want to use the product, then you have to install the Pyro version of
that site, it doesn't work with the latest version. I got some errors,
which I didn't remmember, but I can tell you that they were related to
the Pyro structure itself. It seems that the api had changed a little
bit. Be aware: the product is inflexible because it won't work without a
postscript printer, almost all the important methods assume that you
have it :-(

Regards,
Josef