[Zope] Subpath versus POST body

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Sep 17 12:58:20 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 09:34:12AM +0100, Dan Ellis wrote:
> Being forced to use ExternalMethods, then, I found I was unable to use
> traverse_subpath, even with "##bind subpath=traverse_subpath" in my
> external script. For a given object, /foo/bar (where bar is an external
> method), a request to /foo/bar/123 would cause Zope to be unable to
> publish the object.

The ##bind magic is specific to Script (Python).
In an external method, it's just treated as a comment.

However, you can easily duplicate its functionality
in an External Method or product code.
Something like:

    request = self.REQUEST
    subpath = request.get('traverse_subpath', '')

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com