[Zope] Getting started again (subdomain, user, logout)

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Sep 20 14:00:07 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 12:25:51PM +0200, Daniel Neugebauer wrote:
> But before I will do so I would like to know if I am able to use Zope as
> an "overlay" to Apache, so I can still have directories managed by
> Apache rather than Zope if I apply a rewrite rule to my Apache root-dir.
> (domain.tld/dir1 -> domain.tld:8080/VHM/user/... but domain.tld/dir2
> will not be rewritten)

Sure, apache can easily do that.
There are plenty of docs on using mod_rewrite on apache.org.
This is sometimes called "inside-out" hosting, where
zope serves part of a site that is otherwise served by apache.

> I already thought about getting the printed version of the book either
> from a local library or a shop. (I don't really like reading on a
> screen)

I can relate, but the printed version of the book is quite old
(zope 2.4 maybe).  There is a lot of new and improved material
in the online versions.  Maybe download the PDF and print
it yourself :-)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com