[Zope] Error with filenames during FTP

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 04:17:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

Josef Albert Meile wrote:
> Conclusion: Don't use FrontPage. It adds extra unnecessary info to your
> pages. Don't even edit your html files with word. I saw once that this
> software changes all the slashes on your paths for backslashes, so your
> site will work perfect on IE, but it will fail with other browsers
> (netscape 4.x comes in mind, mozilla I think copes with this)

When I've had to pull stuff into Zope from the likes of FrontPage, I've
"ripped" the site to a static copy using HTTrack (Open source,
cross-platform, http://www.httrack.com/). This gave me a lot less to
deal with manually than trying to start from the server-side files.

HTH

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"Work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation." - Alasdair Gray